Sit Back, Relax and Enjoy the Christmas Season1 December 2014
Whether you’re heading off on holidays or making the most of downtime at home with your loved ones, we wish you a safe, happy and healthy holiday season. Kick off your boots, put your feet up and enjoy a well-deserved rest before it’s back to business in 2015.
On behalf of the entire Reece team, we’d like to thank you for your support throughout 2014. We are committed to continuing to work hard to back your business, by continuing to develop ours.
We welcome your feedback daily, and yearly through our annual survey and in turn, we will continue to provide service that is customised to support you by taking on board your input and improving our offering. For us, it’s about working together to help you to evolve your business. It’s a partnership we’re looking forward to strengthening further in 2015.
The break is a time to reflect on the past year, and catch your breath before the year ahead. Let’s take a look at how we have worked together in 2014.
Innovation in service
At Reece, 2014 has been a year for making business easier by being consistently innovative. As part of that, we have continued to develop our online services to provide a seamless experience both online and in store. During the year we continued to develop our 3D Bathroom Planner to help you help your customers bring their dream bathrooms to life. We have enhanced our website to make it more responsive, and this has allowed for easier access through mobile devices.
Developments to My Account have included a new ‘Click and Collect’ pick up or delivery service which has saved you time, and our new online business training series ‘Achieving Business Success’ has armed many of you with the practical skills and tools you need to build and run successful businesses.
We have focused on keeping in-stock levels high, so that we can continue to meet and exceed your needs. We have sourced more value added products backed by warranties, extensive testing and customer care support.
We are committed to supporting our industry and elevating the important role you play in keeping our communities safe and we have continued to use our DIY Disasters Competition as a vehicle to communicate this message along with ‘Don’t risk it, use a licensed plumber’.
We have expanded our network by 14 branches, so that we can continue to ensure we have what you need, when you need it, and where you need it.
We also hope you have been enjoying this year’s new look Outlet, with our monthly broadsheet issues and plenty of articles online to keep you even more informed about what’s happening in the industry.
Innovation in products
2014 has seen a continued focus on innovation in the products we offer, with a host of new choices keeping you at the forefront of the industry. Our roll out of new Product Showcases across the country has kept you up to date with many of our latest products and product enhancements, some of which include:
- REHAU – we secured an agreement with REHAU Group, a world leader in polymer technologies, for exclusive distribution of their products, demonstrating our joint commitment to quality and ensuring REHAU’s long-term, competitive future in Australia.
- Thermann – the collection has continued to grow with the launch of the new 6 Star Continuous Flow Unit and the extension of our range of electric units.
- Base – we’ve expanded our Base brand of bathroom products, ensuring you can get the right products, at the right price, with the quality you can trust.
- Kartell by Laufen – presenting you with a premium offering for your customers, and the very latest in global bathroom trends, we hosted the launch of this designer bathroom range - exclusive to Reece Australia.
- Conex – the copper press fitting system has continued to provide time-saving on the installation, with 65, 80 and 100mm fittings introduced earlier in the year.
- Weathermatic – we have given you access to some of the most innovative products in the irrigation market, such as Smartlink.
As well as this host of new products taking us into the new year, our acquisition of Actrol Parts and AC Components (trading as Metalflex) is allowing us to establish a presence in the heating, refrigeration and air-conditioning markets, broadening our offering to our customers.
In good news for the housing market, we’ve started to see some good signs in relation to housing approvals and more renovations with the increase of property prices. Hopefully, this means plenty of work for you over the next 12 months – even more reason to enjoy a well-deserved break.
With another busy year behind us, we’d like to thank you for your continued support, trust and confidence in the Reece brand. We wish you and your loved ones a happy holiday season and we look forward to seeing you in 2015.
Peter Wilson, CEO